About Us

Honey Industry/

Education / Resources

Bee Health Roundtable


Food Safety

Save Our Bees

New Beekeepers' Handbook

Beekeepers' Handbook (French)

Contact Us

Bee Talk Newsletter Signup


Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/honeycou/functions/chc_functions.php on line 23


Work Permit Guidelines for Seasonal Workers for 2016 english
Thursday, November 5, 2015

September 24, 2015

Work Permit Guidelines for Seasonal Workers for 2016

The following guidelines have been prepared in order to facilitate processing of seasonal workers to Canada. Please read over the guidelines carefully and follow all instructions in order to facilitate transparent and efficient processing.


Completed applications must be submitted a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 60 days prior to the anticipated start date in Canada.

Due to the very high volumes of applications received between February and September, we cannot provide expedited processing for applications.  Applications are processed in the order in which they were received.


Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) are the responsibility of the employer. We encourage employers to submit their LMIA applications to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) as soon as possible. A copy of the LMIA must be submitted with each Work Permit (WP) application. We recommend that employers also include a copy of the bio data page of each selected worker’s passport to ensure the name and date of birth is accurate on the LMIA. It is also recommended that employers ensure that the work dates on the LMIA are accurate.  Errors on the LMIA result in delays and/or refusals.  Any inquiries, problems with issuance or other delays relating to the LMIA process should be directed to ESDC.

The employment requirements indicated on the LMIAs should accurately reflect the work to be performed. The WP application will be assessed against the LMIA requirements and MAY BE REFUSED if the applicant does not meet the requirements stipulated on the LMIA.


All questions on the applications must be fully completed, including a ten year work history listing employer, address and dates.

All first time Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) applicants must include a reference letter from their previous employer.

All applications must include a reference letter from workers’ local Municipality and/or Cocode, stating the applicant’s occupation and years of experience.


Canada and the USA have an information sharing agreement whereby CIC has access to immigration and criminal information held by the USA.  Applicants are required to answer truthfully all questions on their application form. The application form, once signed and dated, becomes a legal document.  If an applicant was ever refused a visa by Canada or any other country they must indicate every detail of every refusal or negative immigration history in the Background information question section.  This includes any refusals of extensions from within Canada.

 In the case of misrepresentation, applicants may be refused and can be barred from entering Canada for five (5) years.  Additionally, applicants that have already been subject to enforcement action for misrepresentation and are still within the five year (or previous two year) inadmissible period need not apply.  The submission of applications by applicants who have previously been found to be inadmissible slows down the processing of genuine applicants.  They will be refused. 

Similarly, those persons who have been refused work permits previously must include the information in their applications and if they do not, they may be refused for misrepresentation.

Any applicant who has lived in the USA for more than 6 months is required to provide an FBI certificate. As these certificates can take several months to obtain, we strongly suggest that any applicant requiring an FBI certificate commence the application process to obtain one immediately. Applicants requiring a FBI certificate who have not submitted their FBI certificate with their application or provided documentary proof that they have applied for their FBI certificate, may have their applications refused. Those who have an old FBI certificate and have not been in the USA for more than six months since that visit should include a copy of their old FBI certificate with their application.


Medical examinations are required by all applicants that are new workers or have not had a medical examination in the past 3 years. We have identified an issue with the Medical Services branch in Ottawa that caused delays in some applications this past year and we are endeavoring to address this issue.

We strongly suggest that all applicants who require medicals undergo their medical exam prior to the submission of their application. Up front medicals should be performed up to one month ahead of submitting the Work Permit application. This will assist in ensuring that applications are not delayed while waiting for medical results. Please ensure that applicants leave a valid e-mail address (ideally the recruiter’s e-mail address) with the Panel Physician in order to be contacted in case additional medical exams are required.  It is the applicants/recruiters responsibility to ensure that all medical tests required by the Panel Physician are completed in a timely manner.


Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) R200(3)(g) came into effect April 1, 2011 which states that a temporary foreign worker cannot work in Canada longer than a 4 year cumulative duration.  Once a foreign national has accumulated four years of work, they will be ineligible to work in Canada again until a period of four years has elapsed. When issuing a work permit, a processing officer will issue it for a duration that reaches—but does not exceed—the four-year maximum.

Example: Since April 1, 2011, a foreign worker has accumulated three years of work in Canada and is now applying for a two-year work permit. The work permit will be issued for only one year. Foreign nationals must keep track of time worked in Canada since April 1, 2011.

In order for the Visa Office to determine the cumulative period worked in Canada, each returning worker applicant must include:

  1. A completed Dates of Work in Canada Form (See attached.  The form may also be requested at the VAC or by e-mail)

  2. A copy of their Record of Employment (ROE) from each previous employer they worked for in Canada. These are issued by the employer. (See the attached sample)

For more information on the TFW cumulative 4 year duration of work in Canada please refer to http://www.cichq.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/connexion/tools-outils/temp/work-travail/cumulative-eng.aspx


-A completed Work Permit application dated and signed

-A completed Additional Family Information Form, dated and signed

-2 photos

-A completed Use of a Representative Form dated and signed, if appropriate

-A copy of the Record of Employment (ROE) for each work period in Canada, if applicable

-A completed Dates of Work in Canada Form, if applicable

-a valid LMIA Annex B

 -A Reference letter from previous employer for new workers

-Medical form from the Panel Physician indicating that upfront medicals were done

-Police certificates (and court documents) for all countries in which the applicant has lived > 6mths

-A passport valid for anticipated duration of work in Canada;


Should you have any questions relating to these guidelines please feel free to send any inquiries to our immigration inbox at:  re-guatemala-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Thank you for your cooperation, we look forward to a successful 2016 worker season.



Immigration Section/ Sección de Migración

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada | Embajada de Canadá
Telephone | Téléphone | Teléfono (502) 2363-4348

Facsimile | Télécopieur | Fax (502) 2365-1214

Email: guatemala-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

13 Calle 8-44 Zona 10, Edificio Edyma Plaza, Nivel 8, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada | Gobierno de Canadá



Lignes Directrices de Permis de Travaille pour les
Thursday, November 5, 2015

Lignes Directrices de Permis de Travaille pour les

Travailleurs saisonniers 2016

Les directives suivantes ont été préparé dans le but de faciliter le traitement des travailleurs saisonniers au Canada. S'il vous plaît lire attentivement les lignes directrices et suivez toutes les instructions en vue de faciliter le traitement transparent et efficace.


Les demandes dûment remplies doivent être présentées au moins 30 jours et d'un maximum de 60 jours avant la date prévue d’entrer au Canada.

En raison des volumes très élevés de demandes reçues entre février et septembre, nous ne pouvons pas fournir un traitement accéléré pour les demandes. Les demandes sont traitées dans l'ordre dans lequel ils ont été reçus.


Les Études d'Impact sur le Marché du Travail (EIMT) sont la responsabilité de l'employeur. Nous encourageons les employeurs à soumettre leurs demandes d’EIMT à l'Emploi et Développement Social Canada (EDSC) dès que possible. Une copie de l’EIMT doit être soumis avec chaque demande de  permis de travail (PT). Nous recommandons que les employeurs soumettent également une copie de la page biographique du passeport de chaque travailleur sélectionné pour assurer que le nom et la date de naissance sont exacts sur l’EIMT. Il est également recommandé que les employeurs assurent que les dates de travail indiquées sur l’EIMT sont exactes. Les erreurs peuvent causer les retards et/ou des refus. Toute demande de renseignements  ou des problèmes avec émission liés au processus d’EIMT doivent être adressées au  EDSC.

Les conditions d'emploi indiquées sur les EIMT devraient refléter fidèlement le travail à effectuer. La demande de PT sera évaluée par rapport aux exigences d’EIMT et peut être refusée si le travailleur ne répond pas aux exigences stipulées sur l’EIMT.


Toutes les questions sur les demandes doivent être dûment remplies, y compris une histoire de travail des derniers dix ans incluant le nom de l’employeur, l'adresse et les dates de travail.

Tous travailleurs qui soumettent pour la première fois une demande de PT doivent inclure une lettre de référence de leur employeur précédent.

Toutes les demandes doivent inclure une lettre de référence du local Municipalité et/ou COCODE des travailleurs, indiquant l'occupation et des années d'expérience du travailleur.


Le Canada et les États-Unis ont un accord de partage de l'information selon laquelle CIC a accès à l'immigration et de l'information criminelle détenus par les Etats-Unis. Les travailleurs sont tenus de répondre véridiquement à toutes les questions sur leur formulaire de demande. Le formulaire de demande, une fois signé et daté, devient un document juridique. Si un travailleur a été refusé un visa par le Canada ou tout autre pays, il doit indiquer tous les détails de tous les refus ou histoire de l'immigration négative sur leur formulaire. Ceci inclut tous les refus d'extensions à partir du Canada.

Dans le cas de fausses déclarations, les travailleurs peuvent être refusés et peuvent être interdits d'entré au Canada pour les cinq (5) ans. En outre, les travailleurs qui ont déjà été soumis à des mesures d'exécution pour fausses déclarations et qui sont toujours dans les cinq ans (ou deux an précédents) période ne doivent pas appliquer. Le dépôt des demandes par les travailleurs qui ont déjà été jugée irrecevable ralentit le traitement des demandes authentiques. Ils seront refusés.

De même, les personnes qui ont été refusées permis de travail précédemment doivent inclure les renseignements dans leurs demandes et s’ils ne le font pas, ils peuvent être refusés pour fausse déclaration.

Tout travailleur qui a vécu aux Etats-Unis pendant plus de 6 mois doit fournir un certificat du FBI. Comme ces certificats peuvent prendre plusieurs mois pour obtenir, nous vous suggérons fortement que tout travailleur exigeant un certificat du FBI commencer le processus de demande pour obtenir un immédiatement. Les candidats nécessitant un certificat du FBI qui ne l'ont pas présenté leur certificat du FBI à leur demande ou fourni la preuve documentaire qu'ils ont demandé leur certificat du FBI, peuvent avoir leurs demandes rejetées. Ceux qui ont un ancien certificat FBI et qui n’ont pas été aux Etats-Unis pendant plus de six mois depuis cette visite devrait inclure une copie de leur certificat du FBI ancienne avec leur demande.


Les examens médicaux sont requis par tous les candidats qui sont des nouveaux travailleurs ou ne l'ont pas eu un examen médical dans les 3 dernières années. Nous avons identifié un problème avec la Direction des services médicaux à Ottawa, qui a causé des retards dans certaines demandes de cette dernière année et nous nous efforçons de répondre à cette question.

Nous suggérons fortement que tous les demandeurs qui ont besoin d'examens médicaux subissent leur examen médical avant la présentation de leur demande de PT. Les examens médicaux peuvent être effectués jusqu'à un mois avant la présentation de la demande de PT. Cela aidera à assurer que les demandes ne sont pas retardés en attendant les résultats médicaux. S'il vous plaît assurer que les demandeurs donnent une adresse e-mail valide (idéalement adresse e-mail de le recruteur) avec le médecin désigné afin d'être contacté au cas où les examens médicaux supplémentaires sont nécessaires. Il est la responsabilité de travailleur/recruteur de veiller à ce que tous les tests médicaux requis sont effectués.


Règlement sur ​​l'immigration et la protection des réfugiés (RIPR) R200(3)(g) est entrée en vigueur le 1er Avril 2011 et indique qu'un travailleur étranger temporaire ne peut travailler au Canada plus d'une durée cumulée de 4 ans. Une fois qu'un travailleur a accumulé quatre années de travail, il n’est pas admissible à travailler au Canada jusqu'à ce qu'un nouveau délai de quatre ans s’est écoulé. Lors de la délivrance d'un permis de travail, un agent de traitement émettra pour une durée qui atteint mais ne dépasse pas le maximum - quatre ans.

Exemple: Depuis le 1er Avril 2011, un travailleur étranger a accumulé trois ans de travail au Canada et soumets une nouvelle demande de PT de deux ans. Le PT sera émis pour une seule année. Les travailleurs doivent noter le temps travaillé au Canada depuis le 1er Avril 2011.

Pour que le bureau des visas puisse déterminer la période cumulative travaillé au Canada, chaque travailleurs doit inclure:

  1. Un formulaire Dates de travail au Canada complété (voir ci-joint. Le formulaire peut également être demandé par email)


  2. Une copie de leur Relevés d'emploi (RE) auprès de chaque employeur précédent ou il a travaillé au Canada. Ceux-ci sont émises par l'employeur. (Voir l'exemple ci-joint)

Pour plus d'informations sur la durée cumulative de 4 ans de travail au Canada svp se référer à http://www.cichq.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/connexion/tools-outils/temp/work-travail/cumulative-fra.aspx


Liste de Controle des Documents:

-Formulaire Demande de Permis de Travail, remplie, signée et datée.

-Formulaire Renseignements additionels sur la Famille (IMM 5406) remplie, signée et datée

-2 photos

-Formulaire Recours aux services d’un représentant (IMM 5476) remplie, signée et datée, s’il y a lieu

-Une copie de Relevés d’emploi pour chaque période de travail au Canada,  s’il y a lieu

-Formulaire Dates de Travail au Canada, s’il y a lieu

- Une copie de l’Etude d’impact sur le Marché du Travail (EIMT) fournie par EDSC

-Preuve de l’examen médical préalable remis par le médecin désigné

-Un lettre de référence de votre denier employeur, pour les nouveaux travailleurs étranger

-Originaux des certificats de Police pour chaque pays où vous avez vécu pendant six mois consécutifs ou plus depuis l’âge de 18 ans.

-Un passeport original valide pour la durée de travail au Canada.

Si vous avez des questions relatives à ces directives svp envoyer vos questions à notre boîte d'immigration: re-guatemala-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca


Veuillez recevoir nos salutations distinguées. Merci pour votre collaboration.


Departement d’ Immigration/ Sección de Migración

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada | Embajada de Canadá
Telephone | Téléphone | Teléfono (502) 2363-4348

Facsimile | Télécopieur | Fax (502) 2365-1214

Email: guatemala-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

13 Calle 8-44 Zona 10, Edificio Edyma Plaza, Nivel 8, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada | Gobierno de Canadá



Reducing processing time
Thursday, November 5, 2015



As an applicant, you have the option to proceed with an upfront medical exam before submitting your application, which allows for your application to be assessed with your medical results already underway. 
*Applications with upfront medicals are concluded 10 to 15 days faster! ļ
 To perform your medical exams is your responsibility; all you need to do is contact your local Panel Physician and indicate that you would like to do your medicals upfront.**
This is how it works: Visit your local authorized Panel Physician and perform your medicals (please leave a valid e-mail address in case further medical tests are required)„³Panel Physician sends your medical results to Medical Services Canada (applicants will receive a proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician which you must submit with your application or email as soon as the medical exam is complete) „³Medical Services evaluates your medical results„³Visa Office attaches your medical results to your application.


Note: Panel Physicians have the IMM 1017B – Upfront forms in their office.
To find your local Panel Physician please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Information about upfront medicals: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/exam/instructions.asp
For further information about your application please visit: www.cic.gc.ca
**Please note that undergoing upfront medicals does not guarantee that your application will be approved. The option to undergo upfront medicals is at your own risk. The fees paid to the Panel Physician for the medical examination will not be refunded to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada under any circumstances.

Demandez-vous un
le délais de traitement?*

Faite votre examen médical en avanceƒ¬!
En tant que candidat, vous pouvez contacter directement un médecin désigné pour subir l’examen médical avant de soumettre votre demande d’immigration, ce qui permet à votre demande d'être évalué avec vos résultats médicaux déjà en cours.
* Les demandes d’immigration avec des examens médicaux faits en avance sont conclues 10 à 15 jours plus vite!ƒº
Votre examen médical est votre responsabilité; tout ce que vous devez faire est de contacter votre Médecin Désigné et indiquer que vous souhaitez faire votre examen médical en avance de soumettre votre demande d’immigration.
Voilà comment cela fonctionne: Visitez votre médecin désigné et effectuez un examen médical  (SVP laisser une courriel valide dans le cas d'autres examen médicaux sont nécessaires)„³ votre médecin désigné envoie vos résultats médicaux aux services médicaux de CIC (une fois l’examen médical terminé, le médecin vous remettra un document confirmant que vous avez subi un examen médical que vous devrez joindre à votre demande ou vous pouvez l’envoyer par courriel si vous subissez l’examen après avoir soumis votre demande) „³ Les services médicaux  de CIC évalue vos résultats médicaux„³Le bureau de Visa attache vos résultats médicaux  à votre demande d’immigration.

Note: Les Médecins Désignés ont le formulaire  de rapport d’examen médical préalable IMM 1017B.
Vous devez consulter un médecin dont le nom figure sur la liste des médecins désignés :http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Information concernant les examens médicals: http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/ressources/outils/medic/exam/instructions.asp
Pour des informations générales concernant les demandes d’immigration: www.cic.gc.ca
** SVP noter que le fait de subir l’examen médical en avance ne garantit pas que votre demande sera approuvée. L'option de subir l’examen médical en avance est à vos propres risques. Si votre demande est refusée après l'examen médical, ces frais ne vous seront pas remboursés.