Contact InformationContact Cameron Brown
Hamlet of Prince, RM of Meota #468, Saskatchewan
More InformationFarmer Brown's Honey, of Prince, SK, requires the services of:
- 2 Apiary Technicians/Workers (NOC 8431) with 1-3 years of beekeeping experience working in Canadian style apiaries.
- Duration of employment - depending on weather and availability of work. Approximately May – October 2020, 40+ hours per week, weekends and/or holidays.
- Wages $13-$16 per hour, depending on experience, with a production bonus possible at the end of the season.
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
- the ability to work independently in the field.
- are comfortable communicating in the English language.
- have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions and keep records and notes.
- A valid Drivers License is required.
1-2 Apiary Workers/General Laborers (NOC 8431)- no experience required, but preferred.
- Wages: $11.50 - $13.00 per hour, with a production bonus possible at the end of the season.
- Duration of employment - approximately mid-June – end of August, 2020.
- 40+ hours per week. May include weekends and holidays.
- An ability to speak and understand English is preferred.
General duties of each position include, but are not limited to:
- unwrapping, wrapping, and medicating hives.
- Making nucs, splitting hives, assisting in queen rearing.
- Checking hives, supering hives, pulling honey and extracting honey.
- Cleaning and organizing work areas and equipment.
- cleaning and sanitizing extraction facility and equipment.
- maintaining old and new hive equipment.
- Mowing, trimming, and maintaining bee yards.
- equipment maintenance.
- Workers must be mentally and physically fit. Hard work, heavy lifting, working in the heat, and bee stings are a part of the job. Good health and stamina are required.
-All applicants must not be allergic to bee stings.
Worksite is located in Prince, SK, with outyards generally within a half hours drive.
This Ad has been viewed 230 times.