More InformationPosition: Contract Research Assistant
Contracting body: Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission (SBDC):
Research project: “Exploring Prebiotic and Probiotic Feed Supplements for Honeybees and their Impacts on Colony Health.”
Location: Prince Albert, SK
The successful contractor will:
• preferably have beekeeping experience and a background in science;
• have a valid drivers license & provide a drivers abstract;
• be able to help with general beekeeping duties and field work;
• be able to perform research tasks, including data collection, recording, note taking, data management, writing and limited reporting;
• assist the Principal Investigator in this project with all aspects of data collection and bee management, receive and follow directions, record and communicate activities;
• assist with presentations, demonstrations, and extension of the project’s activities;
• have good communication skills (written and verbal).
• be able to do heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs) and work outdoors in various conditions;
• be able to perform or learn laboratory techniques including using a compound light microscope, sample processing, and organizing a communal lab space;
• be able to write scientifically and assist with development of reports, presentations, funding applications, and build extension material;
• be capable of working alone or in a small team with minimal supervision
The contract will run for 36 weeks from approximately mid April-December 2020 with an option for renewal for another year from approximately April 2020-2021.
The contract will be based on $20 per hour, plus applicable sales taxes, with an expected 40 hours of work invoiced/ week.
This position is a contract position and therefore has no benefits (health coverage, dental, etc). The contractor will be responsible for reporting their self-employment income and filing sales and income taxes to relevant Government agencies. The contractor is responsible for travel to the work sites that include a lab/office in Prince Albert, SK and field sites located near MacDowall, SK, and for any personal safety equipment (safety boots, back brace, knee pads etc.). Beekeeping equipment is provided by the project.
There is also a possibility for additional remuneration from other term contracts for other projects with the SBDC at rate of $20 per hour.
Send applications and resumes to:
Hannah Neil, Principal investigator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CC Nathan Wendell, SBDC president, Email: email@example.com
This Ad has been viewed 29 times.